This One Pan Taco Rice Skillet is easy to make and is filled with veggies and beef, making it the
perfect protein packed meal to feed your family on any busy night!Our weeknights have gotten increasingly busy now that school has started. I know many of you are in the same boat, between school and sports and other extracurricular activities. It seems like our nights are short with so much to get done in such little time. Eating dinner is such an important part of our evening, but there often isn't a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. That's why I love one pan meals. They are typically easy to make, can be made in 30 minutes or so, and easy to clean up. All of that equals a win for me!
This One Pan Taco Rice Skillet is full of not only flavor but protein, too. Lean ground beef, lots of veggies, and brown rice make this a family pleasing dish. Add a side salad and bread and dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes or so.
This week our #SundaySupper theme is Easy Skillet Recipes, which is absolutely perfect for back to school season. Scroll down to the bottom of this post to grab enough recipes to feed your family the next few weeks!
One Pan Taco Rice Skillet
Author: Sarah Bates | The Chef Next Door
Print this recipe
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup chopped sweet bell peppers
14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup brown rice
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onions and peppers over medium-high heat until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
Add the tomatoes with their juices, the rice and broth and stir to combine. Add the spices and mix well. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top and cover for a few minutes, just until the cheese is melted. Top with cilantro.
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline's Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.