This thick and juicy burger is loaded with bacon, a sunny-side up egg, and cheddar cheese. Topped with a little
hot sauce, you'll enjoy this burger for breakfast, dinner, or anytime in between!
You all know my love for grilling runs deep, so you can imagine my excitement when I learned that this weeks' #SundaySupper theme was all about Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. I know, neither of those things HAVE to be grilled, but that's my favorite way to eat them! There's just something about the smoky grilled taste of a big juicy burger. It's the best!
Now I've made a lot of delicious burgers in my life, some with different spins like an Italian burger and a Caribbean chicken burger, but my latest creation really takes the cake. This Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger truly is the BEST. EVER. A big, beautiful hamburger topped with cheddar cheese, thick slices of bacon, and the most gorgeous, perfectly cooked egg. Add a few dashes of hot sauce to give it that extra zip, and you're ready to dig in.
What I truly love about this burger, other than the fact that it's just plain amazing, is that it can be eaten anytime of the day. It would be awesome for brunch with a Bloody Mary, perfect for lunch, and of course delicious for dinner. My family has eaten these for lunch and dinner, but not breakfast yet. That's soon to come.
Have you put an egg on your burger before? What did you think? Share with me in the comments below! And be sure to check out the rest of the decadent burger and hot dog recipes my Sunday Supper friends are sharing this week!
The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger
Author: Sarah Bates | The Chef Next Door
Print this recipe
4 pub style hamburger patties
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cheddar cheese slices
8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked
4 Kaiser sandwich buns
Heat the grill or a grill pan to high. Season the hamburger patties generously with salt and pepper on both sides and grill until they reach your desired temperature. Add a cheese slice to each patty and allow it to melt.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are runny, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Top each bun bottom with a burger patty, then two slices of bacon, an egg, and a few drops of hot sauce. Serve immediately.
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where's the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where's the Bun Burger
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.