Crispy on the outside, soft and eggy on the inside, these sweet Orange Popovers are a cinch to make,
and they're oh so beautiful.
Popovers, my friends. Popovers are a thing of beauty. You can make them so many different ways. Sweet. Savory. For breakfast. For brunch. Alongside your dinner. And the best part is they are so simple to make. It's amazing how a few ingredients can turn into something so delicious. Not only are they delicious, but they are gorgeous, too. Don't you think your family and friends would be impressed if these beauties were on the table?
I couldn't let #BrunchWeek pass me by without including these decadent treats. They are crispy on the outside and light and eggy in the inside. Is eggy a word? I think so. At least I'm going with it for now. You get what I mean.
These popovers get their fabulous orange flavor from a little Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract. A little is all you need for a burst of orange flavor.
By the way, have you entered the #BrunchWeek giveaway yet? If you haven't, you better hurry! We have tons of prizes to give away, including a set of Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas & Flavors. Check out my first brunch post of the week to read all about our sponsors and what they're giving away, plus enter to win!
My #BrunchWeek friends are also sharing more delicious recipes today. Be sure to check out the recipe list below and stop by for a visit!
Right now though, we need to make these popovers. Are you ready? I know I am!
Author: Sarah Bates | The Chef Next Door
Makes 6 popovers
3 eggs, at room temperature
2 Tablespoons Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place a non-stick popover pan on the bottom rack. (If you don't have a popover pan you can use a standard muffin tin)
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until well combined. Add the milk and orange extract and whisk until frothy. Add the flour and salt and whisk well. Some small lumps may remain, which is perfectly fine.
Carefully remove the popover pan from the oven and spray the wells with non-stick cooking spray.
Fill the popover wells about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes, until the popovers are puffed up and golden brown.
Turn the popovers onto a cooling rack immediately after you pull them out of the oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Thank you to our #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara's Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popovers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Yeast Waffles with Fried Apples by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Crepes by From Gate to Plate
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Spiced Marinated Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley