These fabulous and fun sliders feature lightly breaded and fried chicken, marinara sauce and melty mozzarella cheese.
They are the perfect alternative to the classic chicken Parmesan dish!
I love making a big dinner for my family on Sunday afternoons. I grew up having Sunday suppers with my parents every weekend. Meatloaf, chicken and dumplings, pot roast, we had all the traditional family dinners. I still like to cook those for my boys, but sometimes it's fun to do something different. Like having our favorite finger foods for dinner!
Sliders happen to be at the top of my list for hand held meals. I make burger sliders, meatball sliders, even grilled chicken sliders. I love chicken Parmesan, so it's no surprise that my new favorite are these Chicken Parmesan Sliders. All the delicious flavors of the classic dish in sandwich form. Yes please!!
My Sunday Supper friends are sharing their favorite Finger Food Dinner Recipes this week! Be sure to check them all out at the end of this post.
Are you ready to make some amazing Chicken Parm Sliders? Lets get started!
Author: Sarah Bates | The Chef Next Door
Print this recipe
4 boneless, skinless thinly sliced chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
8 deli rolls or slider buns, halved
Preheat the broiler. Add the flour to a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Add the eggs to another shallow bowl along with a tablespoon of water and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bread crumbs, garlic powder and oregano to another bowl and mix to combine. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, then dip it in the egg mixture, then dredge on both sides in the bread crumbs.
Pour the oil into a large saute pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes, then cut each breast in half.
Arrange the bottom halves of the buns or rolls on a baking sheet. Put one tablespoon of marinara sauce on each bun, followed by a piece of chicken, another tablespoon of marinara, then a good helping of shredded mozzarella. Sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan. Broil the sliders for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top with the top halves of the buns and serve.
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.