Looking for an easy dinner recipe? This Bucatini with Spinach Pesto is the best!
Fresh pesto is tossed with hot cooked pasta for a simple yet flavor packed meal!
Happy New Year, friends! Can you believe that 2017 is already here? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how quickly 2016 went by. I hope you all had a fun and safe evening last night. As for me, I chilled at home with my son. We played games, watched football, and of course, watched the ball drop. I've never really been one for going out on NYE and am quite content being home with my family. Big party animal I am, huh? 😉
Now that the holidays are quickly coming to a close, the kids will be back to school before we know it and our hectic lives will begin again. One of the biggest challenges that we all face is dinner. The kids get home from school and are starving, and the last thing us parents want to do when we get home from work is stand in the kitchen for an hour cooking. How about we enjoy an easy supper recipe to get us back into the swing of things?
I'm excited to kick off 2017 and my first blog post of the year with my #SundaySupper friends! This week it's all about Easy Supper Recipes, and this Bucatini with Spinach Pesto fits the bill perfectly. While the pasta cooks you whip up the pesto in a food processor. Since there's no need to cook the sauce, it's tossed with the warm pasta and a little bit of the cooking liquid for a meal that's on the table in no time.Although I love using bucatini (a thicker spaghetti noodle with a hole in the center) any long pasta will do. Spaghetti, fettucine, linguine, take your pick! I also processed my pesto until it was almost smooth, but you can definitely leave it chunkier if that's what you prefer. Sprinkle additional Parmesan over the top along with a pinch or two of red pepper flakes and dinner is served!
Bucatini with Spinach Pesto
Author: Sarah Bates | The Chef Next Door
1 pound bucatini
2 cups packed fresh spinach, stems removed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, peeled
Salt and black pepper
Red pepper flakes
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving a half cup of the cooking liquid.
While the pasta is cooking, make the pesto. Add the spinach, olive oil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and garlic clove to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Return the pasta to the cooking pot along with the pesto and the reserved cooking water. Toss until well combined.
Divide the pasta among bowls and top with additional Parmesan cheese and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired.
#SundaySupper Easy Supper Recipes!
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy's Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica's Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket's Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind "Full" Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline's Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.